There is a new update for Facebook Pages coming our way, and it will need your attention if you are using your pages for anything in your business.
Luckily, the changes are primarily cosmetic, easy to implement, and will make your Pages easier for people to find out information about your business. Indeed, this is mostly a “rearranging the furniture” type of update, but it promises to be beneficial to business pages. Lets’ see howâ€¦
New changes to your Facebook Pages
- Single column Timeline format – Your Timeline will now be found on the right side of the page, in a single column. The left side will have all of your pertinent business information, pictures and videos.
- Wider pages and posts – The Page posts are going to span a healthy 511 pixels, which represents around a 25 percent increase over the room you had before. This means you can incorporate and feature larger images, making your content stand out visually.
- Overlaid Like button – This is one that might cause a bit of consternation. The Like button is going to be overlaid onto your cover photo. Which means that if you happen to have a rather busy image on it, there is a possibility that the Like button will be hard to find, and get missed.
- Apps are further down – Your Apps are now going to be positioned on the left side of the page. This is the least friendly of the changes, as the Apps can be pushed even further down the page by the new Similar Pages feature, making it hard for people to find your Apps.
- Similar Pages – If somebody likes your page or one of your apps, a new feature called Similar Pages springs into view. This content might also contain your competitor’s pages. Hmmmâ€¦
Even though at the moment you have to opt to use the new design, there will very likely be a time when you won’t get that choice. Even if you aren’t thrilled by all the changes, at least it’s more organized and visually cleaner, so that’s a little something.<