Here’s Some Real World Ways to Market with Instagram
Have you thought of using Instagram for anything other than posting the latest photos you take? Perhaps using it for a business purpose?
While it’s really good at posting and disseminating our latest shots, it can have a very positive impact on brand marketing also. Let’s see how that can become reality.
7 Ways you can use Instagram in your marketing
- Build a following – One of the simplest ways to do this rapidly is if you already possess a Facebook following. Simply connect the two, and you’ll get a great head start. You also need to start to follow people and brands you admire on Instagram, and engage using hashtags.
- Use Instagram video – Becoming increasingly popular, Instagram followed Vine to the show, but more than doubled the length of the videos, 15 seconds to Vine’s 6. There is lots you can share, and while the time constraint may seem limiting, it can actually help you be more creative and unique.
- Create a killer profile – Your Instagram profile is a good opportunity to introduce more and more people to your brand. Be sure to have up-to-date and interesting information readily available for people to follow.
- Networking on Instagram – Start following brands and people, using hashtags that make sense for your brand, and be sure to engage with people.
- Get your creative on – Make use of this opportunity to inject a massive dose of creativity, and dare I say, fun into your brand. While you have to take care to not go overboard on this, it never hurts to portray your company with a more human face.
- Use Instagram to tell your brand story – By regularly posting images and videos, you can tell the story of what your brand is about, and giving a human face to the company logo and name.
- Instagram is an excellent tool for announcements and news – Use Instagram to introduce new products, profile key personnel, and deliver your customers a shout-out about what’s coming that they need to be aware of.
Instagram presents a wonderful opportunity to get in on the growing visual marketing trend. Acquired by Facebook a little more than a year ago, Instagram is still growing exceptionally fast, and will be for the foreseeable future.