While it’s totally more stimulating to focus on our online efforts when it comes to local marketing, offline marketing did the yeoman’s job for eons, and you would be remiss if you abandoned it like old bread. Many tactics continue to be effective, and can bring a more targeted result locally than many of your online initiatives.
5 Offline marketing tactics that worked for many years still do!
- An attractive business card – A business owner with no business card is just like a ship without a rudder. It is directionless, and ultimately will show off as unprofessional. Business cards remain a valuable tool, and you need to make it your business to have great card available at all times!
- Promotional items – This can run the gamut from a simple printed brochure, flyers, coffee mugs, t-shirts or any ting else you can dream up that will cleverly advertise your business. Who doesn’t like free stuff?
- Local events and meetings – Being present and helpful at local community events and meetings is a simple way to get your business’ name noticed in a good way. You’ll meet other business people who might be willing or able to work well with you, as well as doing some good in your local area.
- Sponsor a local team or organization – Sponsoring a local youth sports team or some other organization in need of help is a great source of advertising, goodwill and reach within your community.
- Start a local business network – Assuming there isn’t already one you are a part of, you can take advantage of this lack by creating one. If there’s one around, join it and dive in. This is a fantastic way to make local contacts that are willing to help one another’s business with referrals and joint ventures.
Offline marketing remains a viable source of leads and sales. Ignore it at your own peril!