Attract Visitors with Content Marketing
Did you know that more than 70 percent of consumers prefer getting to know a company via content marketing rather than ads? Still brands spend more on advertising than on content creation, according to ContentPlus. Is this to do with really trusting the content marketing model, or more a reflection of the need to generate traffic and leads more rapidly? The answer: probably some of both. Content marketing is without question the best vehicle for establishing your authority and brand. The thing is it can be a lot of work. Furthermore, it may take considerably longer to find out whether your content is delivering in terms of leads and sales, as opposed to advertising traffic.
Content marketing is an essential part of the success of your business!
While it can be difficult and time-consuming, if you wish to develop your brand into a long-term success, you have to sell out to making content marketing a significant piece of your online marketing. But how do you make it work for you? With all the new content arriving daily, what can you do to make yours stick out from the herd?
5 Tips for effective content marketing
- Give them what they want and need! – Find out what your site readers want to read, and provide it. You can do this by asking them directly, or using things like your Google Analytics account for clues as to your best performing pages.
- Create substantive content – Google search results are dominated by longer, more meaty content. This kind of content is also apt to be shared much more often.
- Attempt to answer questions with your content – A surefire way to please your readership is as simple as answering their questions. Here’s how one pool company did it. By making it your mission to be helpful, you can become the go-to source for them.
- Employ Google – Making use of the Google authorship feature, as well as the other advantages of Google will help your pages with not just search rankings and traffic, but authority as well.
- Encourage sharing – Sharing your content is a terrific source of backlinks and website traffic. All of us want more of those. Another reason to share is because now social signals are integral to Google’s search ranking algorithm.
Getting smart right now about content marketing could minimize the need to have to buy that traffic down the road. Something to think about!