Since huge numbers of people are making Facebook a frequent daily stop, and more than 50 percent of them are using a mobile device for it, perhaps it’s wise for us to take a look at how our Facebook business page is being shown to the public. If you require more coaxing, now some 79% of smartphone users use their phones to go shopping, with 74% making a purchase as a result. Since Facebook creates a mobilized version of your Facebook page, you might have thought that’s all there was to it. Would that were so! Let’s take a peek at some things you should be aware of.
Look at how your Facebook Page is rendered on a mobile device
Facebook creates a summarized version of your web page that is served to the public via their mobile devices. It’s important that you take a moment and discover how this looks. The first part of your Facebook page that is rendered is your Timeline, although, and this is important: not all of it. That’s why you’ll need to make sure you have a “pinned” post, so that it will be featured first and most prominently. After this is the Recommendations and Check-Ins section, and then photos, and lastly, your most recent post.
A few ways to help optimize your Facebook Page
- Keep in mind that you have far less time and space on Mobile to acquire the attention of your visitors. Take pains to use smaller, eye-catching photos, and to not mince words! Be brief and direct in your text and particularly any calls to action.
- “Pin” a post you want to show up first in your mobile timeline, as this will ensure it does.
- Log into your Facebook page from a mobile device and see that your important info is not only there but correct. You need people to manage to find you! This can be done using “Facebook Nearby”.
- One way to improve social word of mouth is to stimulate check-ins from your location. This makes a big difference with Facebook.
- Engage with your visitors while you are on your mobile device, and this is not just convenient for you, but helps you keep on top of activity on your page easily.